Sunday, December 6, 2009

Waiting is Hard

I feel like the past 5 years of my life has all been waiting, waiting and more waiting. I am a bit angry at myself for allowing this to consume my life. I guess I really didn't have a choice. If it is something we want more than anything it is hard to just have a "normal" life. I wish I could have put it in the back of my mind until it was our time but something wouldn't let me. I wish I could have spent more time paying attention to my friends and families needs rather than my own. I feel very selfish.

2 comments:

  1. You're right. Waiting is hard. Very hard. And I tell myself the same things, about putting it in the back of my mind, etc. But I can't. God put that intense desire in us to be mothers, and I believe he understands. Hang in there! I believe it will happen for all of us eventually.
    Alysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we wished away 7 years of our life dealing with infertility, and adoption. But you know what, now that my daughter is home, I don't care. She's home, the past is the past and the moral of the story is, you do what you have to do to get your kids home. Sometimes it's super sucky, sometimes not as bad. You'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete